Friday, September 05, 2008

Fit & Fresh healthy food combo pack























see their website here!
I found these at GNC and decided to give them a try. Working 12 hour night shifts, it is hard to resist the temptation not to hit the vending machine or order out with coworkers. Your nightly diet can only be beef jerky, house salads, and broth based soups for so long. I decided that I had to buy a better storage sytem if I was ever going to start packing my own salads and healthy shakes. What I love about these products are the built in ice packs, even the shaker has one! It also has a 2.1 oz bottom compartment that can store your protein powder till you are ready to add it to your milk or what ever liquid you are using (it holds 12 oz of fluid in the cup).
The salad shaker holds 4 cups and 4 tbsps of dressing in a seperate cup that sits in the lid (which also holds the ice pack and utensils or a protein bar). I hate ordering a house (or worse greek) salad only to have it delivered covered with meats and cheese. I wish I was strong enough to pull them off and eat only the veggies (usually lettuce, a few tomato slices, and some onion if you are lucky)but I would be lying if I said I did. I have actually been very sick from salads that I ordered out. Here in Alaska, Greek Salads come covered with peperoni, salami, and ham?!?! Having been to Greece and having had salads while I was there, I don't remember them being anything like that. Now with this container, I can make my own with slavaki meat or grilled chicken and control the portions. I also love the built in dressing container.
The last container, the lunch on the go ones have a main course compartment under the ice pack and two smaller containers that sit on top of it. They all fit together. I like the little ones for fruit, veggie slices, or Greek yogurt. I haven't put much in the large compartment except bars but it does keep them from getting crushed. It is a nice set up if you eat sandwiches or wraps as you can put your meat and veggies in the little compartments and the bread or wrap in the bottom and assemble it right before you eat it. I hate soggy wraps and this is an ideal solution. I paid $22.14 for it minus the GNC gold card discount. I think its well worth the money and I am going back for a second set.

No comments: