Thursday, March 05, 2009

out of the mouths of babes





After having a cold for 4 days, I decided that I needed to take a steamy hot bath with my favorite Therapy bath bubble bath and shower gel. I have always loved the smell of eucalyptus so this stuff is like a drug for me. Since Lilith's potty training is rapidly moving to a more independent stage, we have started leaving the bathroom gate open most of the time now to allow her to "take ownership" of her need to potty and stop relying on us taking her so much. Well, I am still not use to this. I am sitting in my lovely hot bath when Lilith bored with Daddy comes walking in and starts telling me how dirty she is (toddler speak for I want a bath too!). I sigh and tell her that I am almost done. Not to be deterred she starts removing her pants and shirt while saying, "Momma, Lilith dirty." So, I run some cold water to make my bath more toddler friendly and let her in. We have a nice bath, she playing with her boat and other bath toys while I bathe her. Then it comes time for the shower (call me a freak but I have always bathed this way; bath then finish with a shower). I stand up and drain the tub and grab the hand held shower and start washing Lilith's hair. She loves this. As I finish rinsing her hair and start drying her off she reaches out for my thigh and shakes it and laughs. "jiggly" she says and smiles up at me. Great, I think it is time to start visiting the gym more often. Another great mother/daughter bonding moment post weight loss surgery. Someday I will have to write about the time she asked me about my surgery scars!
get your Therapy Bath here!

No comments: