Thursday, September 04, 2008

Rival Icey Cream Machine













I found this on the clearance rack at a Fred Meyer across town (we were on a quest for a new comforter while they were having 40% off all bedding so we went to several Fred Meyers looking for it, but that is another story) As you can see from the photo, it was marked down from $69.99 to 59.97 plus everything on the rack was 40% off on top of that. I debated about buying it then but we were already spending so much on the comforter and bedding that I decided to pass on it (they had 8 of them so I figured I had time to think about it). That evening at Costco as I was putting a box of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches in the cart ( review on these to follow) and comparing the carbohydrates to the protein, I decided that I needed to go back for this machine and make my own with some Isopure protein powder perhaps?! I went back the next day and there was only one left and it was marked down 60% from lowest clearance price. Score! I haven't tried it yet. I placed the freezer canister in the freezer for the required 24 hours after taking the photos above. I will write more once I try it. I have to add though that this was the easiest piece of equipment to assemble. I was shocked. Maybe I have been putting together too many toys! but this was sugar free cake! If you want to see some protein ice cream recipes try this post;
protein ice cream recipes here!

No comments: