Thursday, May 22, 2008

we don't use subliminal advertising?

I remember in college when we studied subliminal advertising in a psych course that I was taking. I remember Safeway and Kmart were both admitted users of it in their "ambiant musak" to prevent shoplifting and how movie theaters did it to sell more drinks and popcorn. For those of you that saw the movie, "Fight Club", we all know how it was used as a prank in it. I don't know if it truly was an "error" or not in this case but I doubt that either the food network or McDonalds would own up to it if it weren't. Do you? Ever wonder why most fast food resturants have red,yellow, and orange in their logos, decor, and advertising? Those are the three colors that stimulate hunger. Okay so it isn't subliminal advertising but it shows they are using every possible advantage they can get. (blue is the color that least stimulates hunger by the way, if you were curious)

No comments: