Thursday, September 11, 2008

Amy's organic Bowls Hot Cereal Multi-Grain











I found these at Costco 6 bowls for $8.99. It was a mix of Multi-Grain and Steel Cut Oats. The Multi-Grain one has 190 calories, 1.5 grms of fat, 300mgs of sodium, 40grms of carbs, 5grms of fiber, 12grms of sugar, and 4 grms of protein. I added some Kirkland Signature Rader Farms Triple berries to it (You can find its review by searching for Kirkland). This is uber filling. I shared it with Lilith but to be honest, I had to add a packet of Equal to it before she would eat it. I was pretty tasty with the Berries. I didn't try it alone. I am not a plain cereal kinda girl. I think this is a very healthy alternative to the the sugar laden, artificially flavored Quaker instant oatmeal packets we use to buy. I don't even want Lilith to get started on those. Even the Low-Sugar variety of those have tons more sugar that this even with the added berries. They also don't fill you up like this does. This would be even healthier if you added some protein powder to it. Not for early post ops but for those of us that are able to get our protein needs met from other sources (of it you add protein powder to this), this is a very filling breakfast that will hold you for hours for relatively few calories.

No comments: