Thursday, May 15, 2008

South Beach Living Dark Chocolate fudge covered wafer sticks in Hazelnut Creme











I found these at Fred Meyer in of all places, the cookie/ cracker section. I was buying low salt saltenes for husband to eat his peanut butter off of instead of a spoon. It drives me crazy but that is a blog for another day...They were $6 dollar I think but I'm not 100% sure on that number. They come in a box of 5 twin packs. they are only 100 calories for two sticks quite good you think but they aren't filling at all. The ISS Oh Yeah! wafer bars might be more calories but they are also more filling, not W_A_Y more filling, but more filling than these bars by far. These bars also only have 5 grams of protein and 6 grams of fat(3grams are saturated fat). I know some people won't like the fat that they have 10 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of sugar alcohol. Are they tasty? yes, but with their lack of satity, they just left me wanting more which can be dangerous, it can easily turn a 100 calorie snack into a much higher calorie binge for some. I was afraid to give Lilith too much of them as she reacts to sugar alcohol but she did love the 2 bites that I let her have. I personally wouldn't buy these too often as there are so many other filling dark chocolate flavored protein bars out there to justify spending $6 for something that leaves you wanting more.

No comments: