Tuesday, April 22, 2008

melissa's ready to use crepes







read more and order here!
We have been buying these pre-made crepes from Carrs (our version of Safeway) since we arrived in Alaska. They are $5.00 for 10 crepes (Alaska prices, may be cheaper near you) We usually fill them with low fat cottage cheese and sugar free Smuckers preserves and top them with unsweetened berries and low fat sour cream. They are yummy! While they may not fill your carb cravings, at 51 calories, 4 grams of sugar, 1 fat gram, and 9 grams of carbohydrates per crepe, they are super tasty and pretty guilt free. I have tried them them with a seafood salad mixture but I must say I prefer them with fruit. I photographed two of the recipes off of the back of the package but I haven't tried these recipes myself. I suppose you could try to substitute the granulated sugar with splenda and they would work just fine however.

No comments: