Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lilith gets presents in the mail from New Mexico






Lilith woke from her nap to find a box from New Mexico. As you can see from the photos above, she liked the plane it contained very much. I think this is partially because it is pink (she is MY daughter after all). Last Saturday while I was testing(for 4 hours!), Will took her to a park near the testing site that has a little lake in it. Will said a little girl was having her birthday party there that day and Lilith ran up to the present table yelling, "presents! presents!". Of course it is very hard to explain to a just barely two year old that not all presents are for her. The morning after her birthday the first thing she said when she woke up was, "presents". Then she ran out of her room to the living room to see if more presents had appeared overnight on the coffee table that I had set up with presents the night before. It was cute and a little disturbing at the same time. She likes the whole present thing a lot. I have already started planning her Christmas. I have to as so many companies won't ship to Alaska, it takes research to find ones that do. I am getting her a big girl bed (she has been in a toddler bed since we arrived in Alaska)but of course it isn't just ANY big big girl bed, more on that later. I tried to order her some play food from Amazon but the company won't ship to Alaska! Yes, a 6 piece play food set and they won't ship here. Now beds and huge play kitchens I understand but fake food? See why it takes some planning.

No comments: