Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What have I done?!?





Since Lilith could say her name, whenever she has seen images of Tinkerbell on anything, she always points to it and says, "Lilith". We even dressed her as Tinkerbell last Halloween because of this. We have since purchased her all sorts of Tinkerbell items because we think it is so cute (bedding, curtains, posters, dolls, books, etc.). So it would only be natural that I would purchase her the new Tinkerbell movie, right. I let her watch it yesterday. I thought nothing of it. She seemed to really like it, especially the mice. She said, "Oh, mice so cute" I was happy, she was happy, all was well in our little household. Then yesterday I saw a little Tinkerbell tote bag and purchased it. When I got home from work I proudly presented it to Lilith and showed her Tinkerbell on the side of it. "Who is that I asked?" (like we always have when we see Tinkerbell)and Lilith said, "Tinkerbell" I was devastated. I wanted to cry. I wanted to correct her and tell her, "No, it's Lilith." Why did I show her that movie? What have I done?

No comments: