Thursday, July 03, 2008

Lean Body protein shake in Bananas and cream flavor










We found several of these shakes marked down to $4.30 each at GNC the last time we were there. Why were they marked down? Because they are nearing their expiration date. I made a mental note to remember what the full price was and of course forgot it with all of the online and store shopping I have done in the past few weeks for Lilith's birthday, I have numbers running through my head all of the time these days.
So how are they? Pretty good actually. They are very creamy and smooth. I drank one before going on my afternoon walk with Lilith yesterday and didn't have any low blood sugar headaches at all even though I didn't eat anything for 6 hours afterwards. I even walked 4 miles in the hot sun pushing Lilith (think the sun at high noon even though here the sun is like that from 10 am till 5 pm). We even went to Chuckie Cheese and I wasn't even tempted by any of the high carbohydrate/ high fat food there. I don't recommend drinking one of these and not eating for 6 hours by any means but as you know from my past posts if you have read this blog regularly, I still don't get "hungrey", I get headaches and a bad demeaner. I didn't get that at all so I didn't think to stop and eat even when I was feeding Lilith. I am very impressed that it contains no sugar and only 8 grams of carbohydrates, yet has 40 grams of protein. You might think 260 calories is a lot but not when you consider that this has less calories than many Lean Cusine type meals and much more protein. To be honest, I think many Lean Cusine meals (not that we can have many anymore since most come with rice or pasta and we don't eat either anymore) would have had me running for something to eat after a few hours where as this didn't. I love the fact that it is super portable. I can easily see throwing one of these in my backpack. I even let Lilith have a sip as it has NO SUGAR ALCHOHOLS!, and she said, "umm good!". I will be buying these again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey if you want I can send you a protein drink that I sell through quixtar... btw... i am on the same PA OH message board as ya...

alittlebitofscrap said...

I will have to go check that out. Do you know if Anchorage has any other GNC's other than out on Huffman? Maybe downtown?