Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Queen Latifah reaches her weight loss goal


I tried Jenny Craig (along with many other diets pre op) and it did work for me for awhile, as many other diets did, but after I stopped buying their food, the weight came back. I am glad that Queen Latifah is talking about the need to increase exercise as well as watch her calories. I have always had a problem with that. I could get one under control but not the other and vice versa. This is the first time in a long time that I feel I have both running smoothly. I still struggle some days, but doesn't everyone? I am also very glad that she says this wasn't about getting skinny. One of the things that I didn't like about the whole Kirstie Alley/ Jenny Craig add campaign was that it tried to imply that her life would be so much better and more glamorous once she (implying the same would be true for you also) lost weight. It never really talked about being healthy, it talked about being skinny. I am so glad Queen Latifah isn't doing that.
Thanks to her new gig as a Jenny Craig spokesperson, Queen Latifah has been busy shedding the pounds. The singer-actress said she now hits the gym five to seven times a week, and continues to speak out about healthy living. In 2008, Queen Latifah signed on as a spokesperson for Jenny Craig. The curvy singer-actress outlined her weight-loss goals to Essence magazine: "I see myself getting healthier, having more energy and feeling better."
The Mad Money star, 38, who is known for embracing her curves, said her weight-loss goal wasn't "about getting skinny."
"My jeans are looser, I feel more energetic," she said of shedding the weight. "People dig it. They come up to me and say 'I'm glad you're talking about the health side of it.' People get that message, which is important too."

"My intention was to lose five to 10 percent of my body weight because it makes a difference with health related issues, and I achieved that goal in a couple of months," she told PEOPLE recently. "I'm excited about this weight loss."

But Latifah, despite dropping a dress size or two, wants to make one thing clear to her fans: she's still the same Queen.

"They see that I'm doing this for the health reasons but also say, 'She's still representing for the big girls. She hasn't abandoned us!' " Latifah said. "This is me doing something for me."see her on the jenny craig website here!

No comments: