Thursday, June 05, 2008

Lean Dessert protein shake in chocolate-coconut








I purchased this at GNC for $27.59 (minus the 20% gold card discount). Each container has 18 single scoop servings at 130 calories, 7 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of sugar, 3 grams of fat (2 grams are saturated), 20 grams of protein, and 320mgs of calcium. It says it contains a sustained release multi-functional micellar protein matrix. Huh? Well, it tastes pretty good, mostly of toasted coconut. The texture wasn't a creamy as I had hoped. I made it according to the directions, 1 scoop of protein with 5 oz of cold water (it says you can make it with low fat milk or your favorite soy beverage also) and 6 ice cubes. You can see how thick it was from the photo of it in the blender. It wasn't very filling however. I may try it with some fat free milk or some fruit next time. I did like it however and if you like toasted coconut, you will really like this shake.

No comments: