Thursday, June 05, 2008

Carb Conscious Supreme Protein bar







This bar is huge, 3.4oz (96 grams). It has 30 grams of protein and ....360 calories!Yes, I said, 360 calories! You more than likely won't be able to finish it all in one sitting. It has 16 grams of fat (5 grams are saturated), 34 grams of carbohydrates with a disclaimer.. yeah I know you are saying, "how the heck is 34 grams of carbohydrates low carb?". Well, 27 grams of it is sugar alcohols! Have I ever told you how sugar alcohols make me dump? The way they justify this bar as low carb is as follows; total carbs, 34, non-impact carbs 28, net impact carbs=6. It has 4 grams of regular sugar, 1 gram of fiber, and lots of various vitamins. I purchased these for husband as Jack Sprat as it sounds, I can eat no sugar Alcohol and he can eat no sugar. I did eat half of this bar as I was reviewing it. I paid for it however. It is very tasty. I'm not gonna lie. It tasted yummy. The cramps, etc. that resulted from that half of a bar however, were not so yummy. I purchased these at GNC for $41.00 ( minus the 20% gold card discount) for a big box of them, it averaged a little over $3.00 a bar even purchased this way. It has 50% of vitamin E, 35% of Vitamin A, 30% of Vitamin B6 & Folate, and 25% of Vitamin C & Vitamin B12, 20% of phosphorus & copper. If you don't dump on sugar Alcohols and you can divide this bar up so you aren't getting all 360 calories in one sitting, maybe this bar is for you. If you do dump on sugar alcohols, run don't walk away from this bar STAT!

No comments: