Friday, May 15, 2009

Monster Energy Drink in Chai Hai


Blame it on the husband. He brought me the first can! Then he told me where he found it, then as fate would have it, we ended up moving within blocks of another location that sold it. I love this stuff. It is so very bad for me too with 14 grms of carbs, 13 grms of sugar, 1.5 grms of fat (1 grm is saturated), 90 calories, and only 4 grms of protein, and that is per serving! There are 2 servings per 15 fl oz can. I don't dump on this, maybe it would be better if I did. It is wasted calories. Sure, it has some added vitamins; calcium 152 mg, Vit A 80 IU, Vit C 30 mg, Vit D 30 IU, Potassium 125 mg, Vit B2 1.7 mg, Vit B3 20 mg, Vit B6 2 mg, and Phos 100mg. I don't think there are enough of the however to justify the sugar and the carbs however. Luckily or unluckily (depending on how you choose to look at it), the store nearest me has stopped carrying it. I am so addicted to the stuff that I actually e-mailed the folks at Monster to find out if it had been discontinued. They replied that it hasn't, just that it is only available in limited markets. Husband bless his well meaning heart, found a service station that happens to be one of those "limited markets". My advice if you see this...stay away..don't try it.. it tastes like sweet cream (even though it is made with reduced fat milk) and goes down super smooth so it is just too easy to drink the whole can (26 grms of sugar)in one sitting! Just because I don't dump on it, (remember I am almost 3 years post op) doesn't mean you won't! Is it tasty? Heck yeah! Does it give you energy, oh yes! (it has their super secret "Energy Blend" that try as I might, I couldn't find actual caffeine, Guarana, Inositol, Glucose, L-Carnitine, Maltodextrin, and Glucuronolactone amounts anywhere!) But do I recommend it, unfortunately , No. It is like Chai crack. Be forewarned!

No comments: