Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just say, "no!", to the drive thru!


As regular readers know, when I slip, I am honest about it. Well, yesterday not only did I slip, I fell and fell hard for my old friend MC Donald's! It all goes back to the argument, If we fail to plan do we plan to fail. Well, I certainly failed to plan. I was so busy with the roof situation and the resulting repair persons that came and went all day that by the time husband got home, I hadn't eaten much at all. We had some errands to run and by the time we were done, I was rocking one heck of a low blood sugar headache. MC Donald's was there, the golden arches gleaming seemingly on almost every block as we drove. Finally I asked husband to pull in one of the drive thrus. I justified a hot fudge Sunday for myself (even though I got a fruit and yogurt parfait for Lilith and could have easily got another one for myself!). Luckily I waited till I had fed Lilith dinner and put her to bed before eating it. I was in the middle of watching Lost when all of a sudden I had to literally run for the bathroom. It was bad. It was so bad in fact that it made my husband knock on the bathroom door and ask if I was okay! It was so loud and violent that it woke Lilith up in her room across the hall (even though her door was closed)! Please spare yourself and just say no to the drive thru! It isn't worth it. I knew there was a reason I was afraid of clowns as a child.

Hot Fudge Sundae (this is without the nuts!)
Serving Size: 6.3 oz (179 g)
330 calories,10 grms fat (7 grms saturated), 54 grms of carbs,
48 grms of sugar, 8 grms of protein

Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait
Serving Size: 5.3 oz (149 g)
Refreshing blueberries and strawberries surrounded by cool, creamy low fat yogurt with crunchy granola topping
160 calories, 2 grms fat (1 grm saturated), 31 grms of carbs, 21 grms of sugar, 4 grms of protein

No comments: