Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Isopure zero carb protein shake in creamy vanilla













I purchased this 3 pound tub of creamy vanilla zero carb Isopure shake powder from GNC for $73.19 minus the 20% gold card discount. It makes 22, 2 scoop servings at 210 calories,1 grm fat, 50 grms protein, 320 mg sodium, NO SUGAR, NO CARBOHYDRATES, and 50% of your rda of Vitamin A, Vit C, Vit E, Vit K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vit B6, Folate, Vit B12, Boitin, Pantothenic acid, Phosphorous, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, and Molybdenum. It also contains 60% of the RDA of Calcium, and 6% of RDA of Iron. Is it expensive, yes, but not so much when you do the math and figure that you are getting 22 servings at roughly $2.66 each. It isn't very sweet, I'm not gonna lie but you can always add some artifical sweetner to it. I make mine with berries, water, and ice. I like my shakes not to be too sweet so this is a very good option for me. I think it is a very good shake base for making vvarious smoothies as the flovor is very mild. It doesn't have any aftertaste that I notice. It isn't creamy but it can be mixed with a spoon in water, yes it really can. This makes it the first ultra portable shake that I have found. I haven't had any cluping problems when attempting to mix it. It is also really loaded with vitamins and 50 grams of protein!
The picture of the shake in the blender has berries added to it and ice, that is all and it came out thick and tasty! I will be keeping this as a weight loss surgery pantry staple from now on.

No comments: