Monday, June 30, 2008

EAS premium protein in Chococolate











I purchased this at Costco for approximately $40.00. It contains 75 two scoop servings at 150 calories per serving with 2.5 grms of fat (1 grm is saturated), 80mgs of cholesterol, 3 grms of carbohydrates, 2 grms of sugar, 27 grms of protein, and 200 mgs of potassium. I made a shake with the recommend 8 oz of water and 4 ice cubes and it was filling enough to last me from 1 pm til a late dinner at 6pm. It's taste is okay. You can taste a little of the whey after taste that unfortunately many protein shakes tend to have but it is very mild and I am sure if you mixed something else in it (like a sugar free flavoring, or fruit), it wouldn't be noticeable at all. I am going to try it with peanut butter as it seems like it would go very well with it. Over all, 27 grams of protein for only 150 calories isn't bad at all, neither is the 2 grams of sugar. I am going to try the Isopure chocolate soon and I will let you know how these compare.

No comments: