Thursday, April 17, 2008

Here Comes the A B C s by They Might Be Giants







Okay if you are burnt out on Barney, Elmo, and all of the other Children's songs that are only to prevalent in our pop culture but still feel kinda selfish when you play some of your on eclectic music around the kids as it might have questionable references or because it doesn't have any educational benefits (or is it just me? cuz I listen to vintage Prince, Britney Spears, and Madonna?) ? Well if you love the 80's and music that is a little weird, you gotta buy this album (it even comes with a bonus DVD!) It is educational, fun, most of it (there are 2 songs that grated on my nerves but 2 out of over 23, that's not too bad if you ask me). I am posting some of their videos for the songs so you can listen and See before you buy. Of course I may be a little partial as I loved them in the 80's when this song was first on the late night rotation on MTV (back when they actually played some non mainstream music even if it was only late at night)

No comments: