Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Are they made with real Girl Scouts?


Thankfully no.
Are these little cookie peddlers some evil spawn out to introduce trans fat into our diets all under the rouse of a charitable donation? I think not, as I was a girl scout, wait some people would argue that doesn't help prove their innocence much. I did indeed peddle the little boxes of sugar and fat to many people in the 70's in the bay area. I in fact broke the record one year for the county we lived in and my troupe got to go to Marriott's Great America (an amusement park) and I got the first portable CD player I had ever seen in return. So needless to say, every time some coworker or, God forbid, an actual little pigtailed girl scout hits me up to buy these tasty nuggets, I cave.
read more about the cookies and the tradition here!
get your cookie fix here!
read more about who bakes them and their nutritional info here!
a trefoil cheese cake recipe!
So needless to say a coworker was selling these addictive cookies for not just one daughter but two! I looked and the younger girls sheet and her totals were woefully behind her sisters. I am a sucker for the underdog so buy away. I have to say that the Trefoils pictured above are quite good, transfat free and only 150 calories for 5 cookies. The sugar; 6 grams, The fat; 2 grams (nonsaturated), The carbohydrates; 20grams (not bad for being what they are, a tasty cookie) I still get to feel good about helping my fellow scout and not too bad about hurting my families waist line.

No comments: