Friday, June 22, 2007

3 months, 72 pounds gone and a lot of changes


This is what I will look like at my goal, which I haven't been since 2001 and I was starving the whole time!
Will has a new job near Park Meadows mall, which is heck and gone from where we live and with the price of gasoline..we are fortunate that the light rail goes right to it (literally a block, if that, away)and the "L" express bus stops a block away from our house. He has a LOOONNNGGG commute but he enjoys the PSP and some reading that he never gets to do on the way. He seems much happier with it too.
He also has his surgery on Tuesday at 3 pm! I don't think it has really hit him yet or he is like I was and won't believe it till he wakes up afterwards. I hope he doesn't have strictures like I did. I also hope he doesn't let his mother temp him to cheat, you may think I am kidding but this is a woman that routinely brings her diabetic son (with fasting blood sugars in the 300's) cakes and sweets when I am at work and begs him to order pizza (again while I am at work), and shows up at his job(his new job is too far thank goodness) and begs him take her to lunch. I know eventually she is going to try to get him to cheat, I just hope he is strong enough to resist. I also worry since he doesn't have that much to loose. I hope he is able to loose what he needs to and not become one of those people that loose so much they look sickly.
Lilith's party is next Sunday and I already assembled the treat bags. They have a blow up crown, a blow up wand, a puppet, two bendy fairytale figures, a small play dooh, and a princess rubber duckie in each one. The bags themselves are pretty cute too, they are pink canvas with a gold crown that says princess under it. I am putting 24 more bendy figures in the pull string crown pinata along with some little bags of gold fish crackers and baby teething cookies. I hope I have time to decorate before everyone gets there. I guess I will have to buy a balloon tank to fill all of the balloons before the party also. I am very excited and I hope she has a good time. She loves the water so I am sure she will love the swimmy part and the other baby's!
Here is her invite;
When:
Sunday, July 1, 2007, 12:00 PM
Where:
Paul Derda Recreation Ctr
Description:
Come help Lilith celebrate her 1st birthday with a fun filled swimming party at the Paul Derda Rec Center! We have rented a great party room for 25 people (babies & adults) right next to the pool so it should be a great time of fun and partying! :O) Party will be from noon to 2:30pm with fun in the pool and birthday celebrations that include a baby friendly pinata and Princess favor bags filled with baby friendly goodies.!!!

Don't forget to bring your pool stuff (bathing suit, towel, etc) and if you plan to use a locker please bring your own lock. The party has a Princess theme, but boys are certainly welcome.

Lilith's dress came for the wedding and it is even prettier than the photo the seller had on ebay! The wedding is this Friday. I hope Will is feeling up to going and watching Lilith during the ceremony so soon after his surgery. I don't know how I will be able to be part of the procession with a baby on my hip if he doesn't! At least she will be a very well dressed baby on my hip if that happens but I am hoping that it won't anyway.
My mother got approved for gastric bypass surgery but has decided that it is too radical. I took her some of my old clothes and some jeans that I bought her, sizes 24 and 26. She couldn't even get the size 26's over her hips. Her aide was there going over my mothers grocery list to make sure she understood it all and reading it back to her. It was all junk, cake mixes, pies, ice cream, frozen breaded meat product, cigarettes, and diet coke. Yet, she doesn't think she needs a gastric bypass. I know this will anger some you out there that have been trying (some of you for years like I did) to get a gastric bypass approved through their insurance or worse those of you that have been denied and have no other options. It made me pretty upset myself but what can I say? If I lecture her about it, she will just get angry at me and still won't have the surgery. She is pretty much house bound now and doesn't seem to care. That is the scariest part, he lack of concern about her own well being. I can only hope that she will see my success and Will's success and change her mind but I am not getting too hopeful.
So I am down 72 pounds in three months. I am such a prefectionist that I still feel that it could have been more if I had exercised more, not eaten the tortillas on the mini breakfast burritos that Will made a few times since my surgery (the tortillas made me sick both times so I don't eat any bread anymore as the thin crust slice of pizza and the 1/4 of a South Beach personal pizza I have tried to eat both made me sick too..darn I am going to miss pizza {Carnie Wilson says she can't eat pizza either in her book "I'm Still Hungry" and misses it too so I am not alone}, if it would have been more. I asked my doctor if 72 pounds was average and he laughed and said, "Oh, no! 35-45 pounds is average." Still, I think I could have lost more, I know, ungrateful but it is keeping me motivated to do better at the six month follow up. He did lecture me about weight training. He said that a rapidly as I am loosing, I need to really step up on the weight training so I don't loose all of my muscle and to raise my metabolism, but most of all to prevent loose skin. I tease my husband after we watch "Big Medicine" (Monday nights on the learning channel all about people having weight loss surgeries) and see all of the plastic surgery "skin removals", "total body lifts", "tummy tucks", and "breast lifts/implants", that I am going to keep all of my loose skin so I can be like a flying squirrel and take off from our deck at night and fly around our neighborhood. I tell him it would be good cardio. Honeslty I am hoping that I won't have too much loose skin. I do think with the breast feeding and the weight loss, I will have to have a breast lift and possibly implants, Will is thrilled at the thought of my getting implants! I may end up with a tummy tuck also. I guess getting those 2 surgeries done at the same time is very common so it shouldn't be a problem. I just need to save for them as insurance rarely covers them.
I went though my closet and dug out some clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a long time. I realize that my closet goes like this size 8, 12, 14, 18, 20, 22, 24.
My 18's are falling off but I have no 16's so I can go out and buy some 16's to wear for a month or less...or I can try to make my 18's last till I am a 14. Then when I 12.. I will have the same problem as I have no size 10's. The Dr. still says I will make goal in 9 months. (I wonder how quickly my husband will make goal as he has a lot less to loose..he might make his goal before I make mine even though he is having his surgery 3 months later..that would be great for him but kind of a bummer for me) I am over halfway there so that is pretty exciting, especially when I look at the photo above and realize I will look like that again only this time I won't be starving myself to maintain it. I have some killer clothes from that time 1998-2001(clasic pieces like the ones pictured that arent dated) that I can't wait to be able to wear again. I am almost able to buy clothes from, Hanna Anderson. http://www.hannaandersson.com/onlineCatalogs.asp
They have the cutest mother daughter outfits that I have been dying to buy but was afraid I couldn't fit a 14.
Will and I are going to set up the bowflex in the garage and hopefully use it after Lilith goes to bed at night. I have the tredmill set up in the downstairs family room but some nights, I am just too tired and unmotivated by that time to use it. Will had a Bally's membership years ago that he paid off so they offered us a deal where he could rejoin for $9 a month and add me for just $19 more, so I have been shopping around and I can't find any gym that will give both of use memberships for $28 a month. They have childcare for just a $1 an hour. I saw their playroom and it is really cool. I wonder if it wouldn't be be worth it to join a gym just to have somewhere to go to workout and get out of the house at the same time. With the childcare, we could go earlier when we aren't as tired. I would almost rather join the Paul derda rec center but it is $600 a year for a family membership. ($50 a month) But it has facilites that Lilith could use too like the pool area and the playroom with the soft crawling floor. We haven't decided yet but I think putting the bowflex together is a good place to start at any rate.
I love going to the ObesityHelp.com message boards and reading the profiles there. It keeps me motivated. I also love reading the books that I have found about obesity surgery. I hope this blog and the recepies that I have on here help motivate others too.

No comments: